MY PROMISE TO WORK FOR YOU
Benfleet is a great place, and we are fortunate to live in an area with a good range of amenities, great schools, short commutes, thriving local businesses, caring charity groups, popular pubs and restaurants and loads of outdoor
space and activities available to us and, also, we have a great community spirit here!
I have lived in the heart of Benfleet for 27 years and the community I live in is important to me. I am an active Trustee of four local charities, a youth mentor, working to help young people in local schools and am also an active member of The Salvation Army in Castle Point. All these activities ensure that I maintain a clear insight in what is going on in the area and, where necessary, involve myself in taking the action to improve the lives the residents of Benfleet and the Appleton Ward.
It has been my privilege to serve as a Benfleet Councillor for the Appleton Ward for the last four years. Over that period, I have worked with and helped many residents with issues that have impacted their lives. I am also pleased to tell you that I will be standing for re-election at the forthcoming local elections which will be held on Thursday 5th May. Voting in local elections is hugely important and your individual vote matters in ensuring your voice is heard and that you are effectively represented.
Castle Point Borough Council became Conservative controlled in 2003 and since then we have sought to provide residents with value for money, while enhancing services despite difficult economic times. One reason for this success is that we are continually looking into improving what we do. What works matters and we are only interested in securing the best outcomes and services for residents. On the 5th May I seek your mandate so that this good work can be continued.
So what is in it for you if you vote for me on 5th May?
• I will use my experience as a Councillor to tackle the big issues in the Appleton Ward and in the Borough. I am pleased to be part of a team of Conservative Candidates across Castle Point who have the experience drive and energy to deliver what you want.
• I will work to ensure that our Council maintains efficient and prudent financial management so that, we can continue to provide high quality and value for money services to our residents.
• I will work to obtain greater investment in our roads and pavement from Essex County Council. This will enable faster repairs to potholes and damaged pavements.
• I will do everything in my power to ensure that our Council works in collaboration with the local community to target net zero emissions in our Borough.
• As the population of our Borough grows and there is a need for more homes, I will endeavour to ensure the houses built in our area are of the right number, in the right place, there are sufficient affordable homes built and that local infrastructure needs are met.
Over recent months I have discussed many issues with residents, such as speeding cars, parking issues, street-scene matters, planning problems and anti-social behaviour. These are issues that affect all our lives. Whatever the problem, I have a deep conviction that there is always a solution through negotiation, compromise and being honest with people. If you give me your vote on the 5th May, working with my Conservative colleagues, I will continue to use my influence to resolve such matters and will do all I can to enhance the value and quality of Castle Point Borough Council Services for all who live in the Appleton Ward
Thank you Wayne Johnson
YOUR PRIORITIES ARE MY PRIORITIES
- IF any housing is built near Appleton, I will ensure it is the correct number and in
the right place, with the proper infrastructure
- Delivering good quality and value for money services, making sure your Council Tax
money is spent wisely on things that matter
- Ensuring Castle Point is an attractive environment for businesses to grow and flourish
- Ensuring Castle Point remains safe, green and protected from flooding
- Delivering the basics: clean streets, great local parks and reliable refuse collections
HOW TO CONTACT ME:
If you would like to raise an issue of concern, or help my campaign, please contact me:
Tel: 01268 792992 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org